Students aged under 18 years must live with either families approved by their parents or caregivers, or in a RELA homestay.
Students stay in homes with local families. Homestay accommodation have these features:
- Families are carefully chosen. Many families have been associated with RELA for a long time. The approval process involves police clearance of all adults over the age of 18 living at the homestay.
- Students learn more English when they take part in family activities and visits and can practise their English in everyday situations.
- Students are provided with breakfast and dinner every day and all meals on Saturdays and Sundays. They provide their own lunch from Monday to Friday. (Students can pay for optional weekday lunches when they enrol at RELA. The cost for this is $25 per week)
- Most homestay accommodation is within 10-15 minutes’ drive of RELA. Some homestays are closer, within walking distance.
- No more than two students are usually placed in any homestay. Students are not usually placed with another from the same country.
- Our homestay team is available to deal with homestay issues.
- A detailed Accommodation Form allows students to request what sort of homestay accommodation they would like to be placed in. We do our best to meet all requirements, but cannot guarantee to do so, especially for late applications.
- Homestay fees are $230 per week in 2020, including ongoing supervision and liaison. There is also a homestay arrangement fee of $250 upon booking.
Other Accommodation options
There are a lot of other accommodation options in Rotorua, including on-campus apartments.
For more information on these click Flat for Rent.