English with Working Holiday Assistance
The Rotorua community loves to welcome people on working holiday visas from all over the world. The area is a great place to find work. Our students have found jobs in areas such as hospitality, tourism, seasonal work, farm work and healthcare.
Our Working Holiday programme is aimed at helping students enter the work force in New Zealand. Students learn full-time English at a level to suit them in the mornings and afternoons.
The Working Holiday programme is very flexible and changes to meet the needs of the participants at any one time. During your time with us, you are given free after school help to assist you in finding a job.
Topics may include:
- Where to look for a job – understanding job adverts
- Online job hunting and resources
- Building a job-finding network
- Opportunities for working holidaymakers
- Websites useful for working holidaymakers
- Filling in Application Forms
- Preparing a CV including references
- Writing a covering letter
- Cold calling
- Using the telephone
- How to present yourself at interview – voice, dress, questions to ask and answer
- Work-related vocabulary
- Getting an IRD number and bank account
- Your rights as an employee, i.e. holiday pay, minimum wage and tax
Here is what one of our Working Holiday students said
Cost for a 12-week programme
(shorter options available on request)
This cost includes:
12 weeks full-time tuition, RELA registration fee, RELA’s after-school Working Holiday Programme, free entry to our Friday afternoon activity programme, free tea and coffee, free wifi, RELA placement test, orientation on the first day at school, a welcome pack and a gift and certificate on completion of the programme.